What is Vore?

Discuss the details surrounding the station's lore and how things work in the universe. What is Redspace? Why does Phoron kill you? Why does Nanotrasen have a station where people eat each other? Are there any neat colonies or factions worth mentioning? Pitch your ideas and get feedback!
Forum rules
Official changes to the lore should only be made after a nearly unanimous decision that something was a good idea. No one is going to be happy if you force a lousy special snowflake storyline into the main lore SO DON'T FEKIN' DO THAT. Also if you can't take (or give) constructive criticism, don't post here.

What is Vore?

Postby Aethirshero » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:53 am

This is something that I've been thinking about some and haven't heard/found a definite answer. What is Vore, in the context of the universe the V.O.R.E. Station finds itself in. The gist I've gathered is that it's not a common occurence and the crew of this particular station are kind of anomalies for that reason, but is this the case? Is the V.O.R.E. Station one of the few, if not only places where people eating each other is commonplace? Or is it something that is sort of known about elsewhere?

The main reason I'm curious is for the idea of !!FUN!! to occur with scheduled events and lore fluff. Say, an antagonistic group who deplores the very concept of vore attacks the station on principle. Could be a recurring villain. Or NT finally steps in and tries to crackdown on things in some way and the station is faced with a choice of how to respond, (Clearly this one might need a little extra thought so as to not wind up destroying the fun of those on board).

Really though, it was just a thought I had and something I think could make for a good discussion before finally having a semi-fixed answer in place on the Wiki about how the universe at large views the activities that go on aboard our station, if they even know about it all.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place or has been answered elsewhere. ^^;;
Aethirshero

Re: What is Vore?

Postby Aces » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:39 am

I always viewed it as an anomaly: Creatures like Unathi and Sergals have always been able to do it but most don't just because it's not a popular method of eating things since you can't taste the meat. Some Tajaran and Akula have been able to do it but it's an uncommon trait and even less often used. Humans, it's very rare and usually involves crossbreeding with other species, or unexplained genetic anomalies. The few who do often never discover it.

In human populated space, it's almost unheard of, unless you live on a world where it's become popularized--like Peran (which I'll have to detail one day soon).
Aces

Postby Glitch » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:18 am

Baby dont eat me, dont eat me..
..no more.
Glitch

Postby Scree » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:34 pm

goddamnit glitch I opened this thread to post that
Scree

Return to (OOC) Fluff/Lore Discussion