Fennec and Fox species and new lore.

Discuss the details surrounding the station's lore and how things work in the universe. What is Redspace? Why does Phoron kill you? Why does Nanotrasen have a station where people eat each other? Are there any neat colonies or factions worth mentioning? Pitch your ideas and get feedback!
Forum rules
Official changes to the lore should only be made after a nearly unanimous decision that something was a good idea. No one is going to be happy if you force a lousy special snowflake storyline into the main lore SO DON'T FEKIN' DO THAT. Also if you can't take (or give) constructive criticism, don't post here.

Fennec and Fox species and new lore.

Postby Aces » Fri May 06, 2016 3:15 pm

https://github.com/SpadesNeil/VOREstation/pull/691
https://wiki.vore-station.net/Backstory

So far we've established the Fennecs are a native species to Virgo Prime. Nothing else. They aren't even on the wiki yet.

We're not calling them "Fennecs" or "Foxes" so we need new lore, also.
Aces

Re: Fennec and Fox species and new lore.

Postby HethDrakiel » Fri May 06, 2016 5:51 pm

Perhaps the name of the species/race could be derived from various languages' way of saying fox (vulpes/renard/zorro as a few examples) so you get something like... Zorren or the like
HethDrakiel

Postby jemli » Fri May 06, 2016 9:06 pm

How about Sionnach? It's Scottish Gaelic.
jemli

Postby Aces » Fri May 06, 2016 10:27 pm

I like Zorren.
Aces

Postby jemli » Fri May 06, 2016 10:42 pm

The only problem I have with Zorren is I would be so tempted to make one and name them Zorro.
jemli

Postby HethDrakiel » Sat May 07, 2016 1:59 am

I just recently had this idea come across... What if the Zorren (if we use that officially) were split into two 'factions' kinda like the Northern/Southern Sergal split, but split more on terrain type than geographical location. Maybe the fennec-esque "Plains" Zorren could live in more of a flatland area such as deserts and plains and be a shamanistic tribal people. The "Highland" Zorren could conversely live in hilly/mountainous areas, possibly tundra even, With a more... feudal social structure. (just temporary names for now)
HethDrakiel

Postby Aces » Sat May 07, 2016 10:09 am

HethDrakiel wrote:I just recently had this idea come across... What if the Zorren (if we use that officially) were split into two 'factions' kinda like the Northern/Southern Sergal split, but split more on terrain type than geographical location. Maybe the fennec-esque "Plains" Zorren could live in more of a flatland area such as deserts and plains and be a shamanistic tribal people. The "Highland" Zorren could conversely live in hilly/mountainous areas, possibly tundra even, With a more... feudal social structure. (just temporary names for now)

That's what I was thinking.
Aces

Postby HethDrakiel » Sat May 07, 2016 8:11 pm

For some reason I keep wanting to associate the Highland Zorren with oriental aesthetic, kinda like...Classical Japan (Like what is seen in the Okami game) complete with names similar in nature. The Plains Zorren though I haven't got a solid aesthetic down for them, but have ideas for some last names (Windrunner, Dreamseeker, etc.)
HethDrakiel

Postby ArgobargSoup » Sat May 07, 2016 8:49 pm

My brain keeps comin' back ta the idea of havin' elements from one of the fox character stereotypes and havin' tricks and pranks bein' part of their culture somehow. At least, fer the Highland Zorren.
ArgobargSoup

Postby HethDrakiel » Sat May 07, 2016 8:54 pm

Not going to lie I'm kinda imagining the Highlanders (hurr, hurr) being basically Kitsune just without the magical aspects

Addendum: I'm honestly getting stuck on Native American architecture for the Plains Zorren, stuff like Earth Lodges, Longhouses, Adobe huts, etc.
HethDrakiel

Return to (OOC) Fluff/Lore Discussion