Sergalings

Discuss the details surrounding the station's lore and how things work in the universe. What is Redspace? Why does Phoron kill you? Why does Nanotrasen have a station where people eat each other? Are there any neat colonies or factions worth mentioning? Pitch your ideas and get feedback!
Forum rules
Official changes to the lore should only be made after a nearly unanimous decision that something was a good idea. No one is going to be happy if you force a lousy special snowflake storyline into the main lore SO DON'T FEKIN' DO THAT. Also if you can't take (or give) constructive criticism, don't post here.

Sergalings

Postby CubeJackal » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:40 pm

What should a sergal character's stance be on these? They're pretty much just sergal children, which brings up some uncomfortable implications when you eat them... however, maybe sergals are one of those species that don't care what happens to their kids once they're born? What's everyone else's opinion on this?
CubeJackal

Re: Sergalings

Postby Nightwing » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:43 pm

I believe the point of all "monkey" forms is that you're looking at an unevolved sergal, just like a human looking at a monkey. They're technically not even the same race at that point. Their age is presumed to be adult, and a sergal could in fact be genetically devolved into one mid-shift. It doesn't make them younger, it's just an unevolved sergal :P
Nightwing

Postby Scree » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:49 pm

Yeah, it's like about as much as a human would care about eating a monkey. They ain't children. They're artistically based on Trancy Mick's first "sergal" pictures before she actually developed the species into a proper thing. So they're what sergals evolved from :p
Scree

Postby Gramzon_the_Dragon » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:54 pm

I would rather just come up with a more creative name for them. We don't call chimps "Humanlings" after all.
Gramzon_the_Dragon

Postby rikaru19 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:58 pm

Gramzon_the_Dragon wrote:I would rather just come up with a more creative name for them. We don't call chimps "Humanlings" after all.

I like it though, it's cute.
rikaru19

Postby Gramzon_the_Dragon » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:12 pm

rikaru19 wrote:
Gramzon_the_Dragon wrote:I would rather just come up with a more creative name for them. We don't call chimps "Humanlings" after all.

I was going to try and come up with an argument against naming something because it's cute, but after finding this http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/animal ... lous-names the framework of my argument began to fall apart like a house of cards.
Gramzon_the_Dragon

Postby rikaru19 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:49 am

Gramzon_the_Dragon wrote:
rikaru19 wrote:

I was going to try and come up with an argument against naming something because it's cute, but after finding this http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/animal ... lous-names the framework of my argument began to fall apart like a house of cards.

Pffffahahahaha oh god that made my day already. Thank you for that.
rikaru19

Postby Westfire » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:43 pm

A new name or at least a new description would be VERY nice, yes. It's frankly quite....disturbing to come back to what seems like people happily slaughtering sergal children. I do know they're evolved now after asking about, but still...
Westfire

Postby Aces » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:19 am

I actually want a new name as well. Ideas?
Aces

Return to (OOC) Fluff/Lore Discussion