General Discussion About NT's Hiring!

Discuss the details surrounding the station's lore and how things work in the universe. What is Redspace? Why does Phoron kill you? Why does Nanotrasen have a station where people eat each other? Are there any neat colonies or factions worth mentioning? Pitch your ideas and get feedback!
Forum rules
Official changes to the lore should only be made after a nearly unanimous decision that something was a good idea. No one is going to be happy if you force a lousy special snowflake storyline into the main lore SO DON'T FEKIN' DO THAT. Also if you can't take (or give) constructive criticism, don't post here.

Re: General Discussion About NT's Hiring!

Postby Wickedtemp » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:19 pm

I believe that repeated cloning would cause physical issues as well, but that's not something that would actually have an in-game mechanic. I think it'd be safe enough, however, to say that the more you're cloned, the more likely you'll have problems with your genome, potentially causing mental and physical problems ranging from... Well, anything. Your genetic code is literally who you are. Changes in hair/eye color, skin, problems with any and every process your body conducts. Digestion, breathing, movement, personality, changes in taste, anything.

But being cloned once or twice in a short timeframe isn't likely to do anything. I don't think there would be any REAL problems until the fourth clone. This is something that'd go in lore, but is one of those things that doesn't have a mechanic, if it's to be implemented at all.
Wickedtemp

Postby smirky » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:35 pm

I was always sure that NT was really damn racist, but still wanted to make use of those employees who would... look out of place in other stations. Like taurs, giants, micros, etc. They are talented, but company policy simply disallowed their employment on stations like the Exodus, Phoenix, Cyberiad, et cetera. So came the Virgo, which is a fringe station and they took all these employees and put them there. So they wouldn't 'disturb' the other station and would still turn up a profit.
he be a gu bwoi, he dindu nuffin
smirky

Postby Aces » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:49 pm

smirky wrote:I was always sure that NT was really damn racist, but still wanted to make use of those employees who would... look out of place in other stations. Like taurs, giants, micros, etc. They are talented, but company policy simply disallowed their employment on stations like the Exodus, Phoenix, Cyberiad, et cetera. So came the Virgo, which is a fringe station and they took all these employees and put them there. So they wouldn't 'disturb' the other station and would still turn up a profit.

Bingo.

The canonical CentCom Administrator, Commodore (Cdre) Victor MacDaniel, is actually a total bigot toward micros. There was this big "micros rights" shitstorm a year ago when I tried to discourage micros from playing HoS but made it IC at one point. It was kind of interesting.

CentCom discarded the "no non-human Captain" rule because humans really aren't the majority out here in Virgo. If you had a pie chart of human verses all other species, they'd be the biggest slice, sure, but compared to everything else, they'd be the minority.
Aces

Postby Tasald » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:09 pm

I have a question about people 'backgrounds' before they join a job, like they should have been given atleast a crash course or short academy, from nt if they've never had any to begin with? for example, i've had people in sec say they joined it because it looked fun. no background for their character or anything, I was very tempted to fire them on the spot, but usually other people vouched for them.
Tasald

Postby Aces » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:13 pm

Tasald wrote:I have a question about people 'backgrounds' before they join a job, like they should have been given atleast a crash course or short academy, from nt if they've never had any to begin with? for example, i've had people in sec say they joined it because it looked fun. no background for their character or anything, I was very tempted to fire them on the spot, but usually other people vouched for them.

NT's application process is infamously poor, so yea, people being trained on the job is not uncommon.
Aces

Postby rikaru19 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:28 pm

Luckily while Reika is a genetic mess, she isn't unclonable... Of course if she gets cloned often it might bork her structure a bit in some unpredictable way. It's kinda how she's a catfox Demi now after all.
rikaru19

Previous

Return to (OOC) Fluff/Lore Discussion