The United Federation

Discuss the details surrounding the station's lore and how things work in the universe. What is Redspace? Why does Phoron kill you? Why does Nanotrasen have a station where people eat each other? Are there any neat colonies or factions worth mentioning? Pitch your ideas and get feedback!
Forum rules
Official changes to the lore should only be made after a nearly unanimous decision that something was a good idea. No one is going to be happy if you force a lousy special snowflake storyline into the main lore SO DON'T FEKIN' DO THAT. Also if you can't take (or give) constructive criticism, don't post here.

The United Federation

Postby JoanRisu » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:31 pm

Space, The Final Frontier....

That basically sums up what the United Federation is if you know where those iconic first words come from. If you don't, think Captain Kurk and Captain Picard

Of course, in order for this union of planets to fit cleanly into our current lore which is still pretty small, details need to be changed like where the Federation was born now that Sol Government is a thing and who is actually in it and who are their neighbors etc etc etc.

The wiki entry here has only a small introduction and an excerpt from the first president's speech. I would love to work on it more but as with most things, life gets in the way.
This thread is to collect ideas and thoughts on how to mold the United Federation so that it fits in more with our little universe. Note that while there isn't much written down, there has been stuff that was discussed ICly about the United Federation. That is also something this thread should work to sort out.

As the list of accepted ideas goes on, we can hopefully add more to the wiki.
JoanRisu

Re: The United Federation

Postby JoanRisu » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:09 am

I updated the wiki page! New history bits!

The summary is The Federation of Gaia finally uniting under one flag and expanding, eventually meeting another space faring species that helped boost their technological advances, including the genetics field. As genetic engineering grew, so did radical naturalist opposition eventually splitting The Federation of Gaia along three political lines: Genetically Engineered, Natural, Neutral.

The page also mentions intergalactic ambassadors stubbornly moving into neutral nations instead of withdrawing political relations, ignoring the neutral nation's urges to leave for their own protection from the Naturalists.
JoanRisu

Postby JoanRisu » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:06 pm

Added like 12 sections about the Federation Civil War and the birth of The United Federation
JoanRisu

Postby joey4298 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:55 am

Dear god. That's a lot more than I thought it would be. Well done.
mofu
joey4298

Postby Tasald » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:07 pm

I'm curious what the relation ship between nt and the federation is unless I missed it some where.
Tasald

Postby JoanRisu » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:23 pm

I haven't gotten around to that. Maybe this coming weekend I'll finish up the historical section to put a small placeholder about NT/Federation relations.
JoanRisu

Postby JoanRisu » Sun May 08, 2016 7:57 pm

Updated the United Federation Wiki again
JoanRisu

Return to (OOC) Fluff/Lore Discussion