"faction concept": cue balls

Discuss the details surrounding the station's lore and how things work in the universe. What is Redspace? Why does Phoron kill you? Why does Nanotrasen have a station where people eat each other? Are there any neat colonies or factions worth mentioning? Pitch your ideas and get feedback!
Forum rules
Official changes to the lore should only be made after a nearly unanimous decision that something was a good idea. No one is going to be happy if you force a lousy special snowflake storyline into the main lore SO DON'T FEKIN' DO THAT. Also if you can't take (or give) constructive criticism, don't post here.

"faction concept": cue balls

Postby warbrand2 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:00 pm

Cue balls are as they are most commonly know skin heads are a faction of interstellar anarchists unlike the syndicate who attack targets for reasons, the Cue balls have not ever shown a reason for what they do, in fact many captured Cue balls have been interrogated to see why the do things and the result is always the same nonsense being spouted until death by security or their own hands.

How to identifiy a Cue ball

one: all Cue balls are bald, either via shaving their hair or just being that old

two: cue balls are almost always white humans, though rarely they are of other skin tones.

three: non nonsensical ranting even more so then your standard assistant

four: they are always assistants

how do deal with a Cue ball

the best way to deal with a Cue ball is to report and bald people to security, while yes this will result in discrimination to some workers the saying goes "bald and don't know keep a camera in tow"

If a bald crew member is confirmed as a cue ball either through nonsense ranting or random destruction report immanently to security do not weight. warning do not engage a suspected cue ball as many will be armed and you would be surprised the damage a wrench can do.

DO not discriminate

ok we had to put this here do to some stations just out right executing bald people, no not all the people with out hair are cue balls, just watch them via camera if suspected. Come on people this is common sense. Like if a arch demon starts working botany, you don't hold a gun to them you view the cameras.

side note: Do not let a Cue ball get a welder, we have reports of some of them knowing how to use them as bombs.
I think to much.

disclaimer: Unless I cuss, I am generally not meaning to be hostile.
warbrand2

Re: "faction concept": cue balls

Postby Scree » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:39 am

Oooooh an alternative notion to the "defective clone" thing we normally go with when griffins show up.

The defective clone syndrome usually results in them showing up on the station, proceeding to go insane, then after some amount of time, usually falling over totally braindead despite being apparently totally healthy(ie. in-game fluff for what happens when the admins cotton on and dingdongbannu)

But some mental anarchist faction would be neat as well. Possibly involving some drug that, when taken long term, causes pretty major neural degradation that doesn't show as ordinary brain damage.
Scree

Postby warbrand2 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:16 pm

oooh like that drug idea.... make me want to design a "drug" trade around them.... lol

the standard griefers would be just people under the influence of their drug of choice... hmm what to call it.

could make more then a few events out of the cue balls, becides the greifer ones. like a shipment of their drugs ending up in cargo a long with some of their runners.

damn I overthink everything.
I think to much.

warbrand2

Postby Vorrarkul » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:17 pm

Call the drug Banner, Hammer, or some other pun on banning them.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vorrarkul

Postby Aces » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:16 pm

Street name for the drug is 'gryphon'. Say it out loud.

Or Mingeys.
Aces

Postby warbrand2 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:41 pm

lol

great now I have a full blown concept for the drug... yeah this part probibly belongs in ideas

trideathinal aka "gryphon"
http://imgur.com/UVr0iDS

info: the cue balls drug of choice, untraceable, undetectable and potent as hell. This drug is made out of constrained VOX excrement mixed with tajaran blood. the chemical compound is then fermented and mixed with nerotoxin and lime.

effects: this drug when taken causes a high that all druggies dream of, but that is only one effect, the drug seems to unlock the mind allowing one to figure out even the most impossible of tasks. though these come at a cost repeat use of the drug eventually over loads the brain causing it to permanently shut down, even cloning can not revive a person once they hit this point.

OOC note: actual drug item would have an antidote, as none of hte crew would feazably be able to get a hold of this and maintain their minds. aka lore wise no one on station is able to get long term effects in hole.

side effects: short term, none, besides seeing everything in a blue tent, long term, total cognitive collapse. rapid use has been shown to put people into coma's but that isn't a side effect of the drug more a side effect of mental overload do to the drugs main effect.

I can also make other drugs for this "group" if needed... well atleast sprites and ideas for their effects.
I think to much.

warbrand2

Return to (OOC) Fluff/Lore Discussion