The lore is a mess and I need your help to fix it

Discuss the details surrounding the station's lore and how things work in the universe. What is Redspace? Why does Phoron kill you? Why does Nanotrasen have a station where people eat each other? Are there any neat colonies or factions worth mentioning? Pitch your ideas and get feedback!
Forum rules
Official changes to the lore should only be made after a nearly unanimous decision that something was a good idea. No one is going to be happy if you force a lousy special snowflake storyline into the main lore SO DON'T FEKIN' DO THAT. Also if you can't take (or give) constructive criticism, don't post here.

The lore is a mess and I need your help to fix it

Postby Aces » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:04 pm

Vorestation's lore has become a disorganized clusterfuck over the last three years, and it's time we solidified a number of things and actually updated the god damn wiki appropriately with the new lore.

Here's some things to keep in mind with our lore.

• Polaris is a good fallback for any lore that hasn't been written for us yet. Use their lore when possible for species that also exist in Polaris.
  • Unlike in many SS13 lores, Earth is still habitable. It's had a nuclear war or two but nothing that amounted to mass extinctions.
  • Lore can borrow from other sci-fi franchises but it cannot straight rip it off. For example, you can have the UNSC from Halo be a thing, because UNSC is a logical name for Earth's space military, but the Human-Covenant War and the Spartan Program never happened.
  • Any lore additions or changes that have not been officially approved by the community's head loremaster (currently me) are to be marked {{uncanon}} on the wiki unless they are directly referenced in-game already.
  • Any newer pages that contradict older lore pages should also be marked {{uncanon}} until they are fixed.
  • SolGov's official name is the United Sol Government. It is not the Sol Confederacy as it is in Polaris, because a Confederacy is dumb and historically tends not to work on a large scale. We want a government that is capable of projecting its influence well beyond its own boarders because some imperialist drama never ceases to give us stuff to work with. Confederacy is not the right system of government for that.
  • All official species added to the code must have a wiki entry on the Backstory page at minimum.
  • Feel free to discuss changes in the #lore-discussion page on Discord, or here on the forum. Use the forum for results you want recorded, and Discord for rapid fire feedback.
  • We have a Timeline page. Please help fill it out.
  • Any player character who is mentioned on the Wiki by name can have their own wiki page, once we figure out how to format those correctly.

NOTE: The wiki is all fucked up right now but here's how you log in:
1. DO NOT use the Wiki's registration page. Instead, register here: https://auth.vore-station.net/virgo_auth/
2. Use that username and password on the wiki.
Last edited by Aces on Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aces

Re: The lore is a mess and I need your help to fix it

Postby Alicia Jewel » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:07 pm

It would probably be easier to "actually update the god damn wiki appropriately" if the login wasn't broken: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=769
Alicia Jewel

Re: The lore is a mess and I need your help to fix it

Postby Aces » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:30 pm

Should be fixed now.
Aces

Return to (OOC) Fluff/Lore Discussion