Supesu: The rich tradition of "Space Japan"

Discuss the details surrounding the station's lore and how things work in the universe. What is Redspace? Why does Phoron kill you? Why does Nanotrasen have a station where people eat each other? Are there any neat colonies or factions worth mentioning? Pitch your ideas and get feedback!
Forum rules
Official changes to the lore should only be made after a nearly unanimous decision that something was a good idea. No one is going to be happy if you force a lousy special snowflake storyline into the main lore SO DON'T FEKIN' DO THAT. Also if you can't take (or give) constructive criticism, don't post here.

Re: Supesu: The rich tradition of "Space Japan"

Postby Molenar » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:50 pm

warbrand2 wrote:I will not directly edit the wiki as I can't spell worth crap and have no grammar ability going to start out the concept in a topic in this area and try to get things as ironed out as possible before doing wiki work. (aka no way I am making a entire lore change on my own I overthink everything. )

On which note, I also have no experience messing with a wiki, so I'll just be contributing from here for the moment
Molenar

Postby Aces » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:00 am

It's pretty easy to get the hang of and I usually just rip off other pages and edit until they fit my needs. I do that with normal webpages too. Sometimes ones I wrote from scratch myself.
Aces

Postby warbrand2 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:02 am

Aces wrote:It's pretty easy to get the hang of and I usually just rip off other pages and edit until they fit my needs. I do that with normal webpages too. Sometimes ones I wrote from scratch myself.

isn't that how all wiki edits work? yeah I have experience doing that as well I do edits for a wiki actually, thing is I can't make lore I am better at copy paste and format then making up for lore... yeah this is coming form a guy who can give 50 details on a toilet function idea or a species lore when only one is needed and they rest are pref breaking as hell.
I think to much.

disclaimer: Unless I cuss, I am generally not meaning to be hostile.
warbrand2

Postby Molenar » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:20 am

Updated initial post with info collaborated and expanded
Molenar

Postby Aces » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:07 pm

WankerSonOfJerkin via Skype wrote:[12:28:02 AM] Wanker, God of the Patriarchy: A descendant of the ancient Tokugawa family, Tokugawa Hayate (Yes, I'm doing it.) seeks the restoration of his once-mighty house and the all-powerful Tokugawa Shogunate.
[12:28:33 AM] Wanker, God of the Patriarchy: A Neo-Sengoku Jidai, if you will.

Wanker wants to add a character of his own to elaborate on this. C:
Aces

Postby Molenar » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:05 am

I'd like t see where that ends up going, add a little turmoil to the mix.
Molenar

Postby JoanRisu » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:23 am

When I have the time, I'll totally make that samurai hardsuit.
JoanRisu

Postby Molenar » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:32 am

was there ever alternate styles made of the Kimono? like a formal or a priestess coloring? could be good for once things are set up. Npc's and loot type stuff maybe
Molenar

Postby Molenar » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:40 am

so, quick addition, there has been a new kimono added to code, and a new book added to the chaplain list for shinto style look.

Also, through talking with Ace about a character of mine, it was suggested that Inklings, are one native race to Supesu.
ny building on this is they immediately took a liking to the humans architecture when the Japanese shuttle arrived. it may have been a few of them in human form that helped to set up the society as it is at present. And, perhaps, a few of them decided once interstellar travel was possible, to head back to earth and see the origin of the lifestyles they were accustomed to, settling in at the abandoned ruins of the somewhat flooded Japan, replacing their more human ex residents. This can tie in with the Splatoon lore too, as there was a great deal of advanced tech, as well as a flying saucer.

Thoughts? comments?
Molenar

Postby Aces » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:32 am

Molenar, you wanna fire up a Supesu page on the wiki? And have Space Japan as a redirect? Because I want a lore page dedicated to this and I want you in charge of it.
Aces

PreviousNext

Return to (OOC) Fluff/Lore Discussion