Predcrate

Suggest new things or complain about things that suck/are broken. Work with people to better your idea(s), or help each other figure out how to fix something that isn't working as you thought it should. Getting feedback for your characters can also be done here.

Predcrate

Postby arokha » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:20 pm

Maybe the ordering console, when hacked adjusted can have a crate meant for sneakypreds? I like being a sneakypred. Obviously this crate isn't something NT probably offers that you now have access to (like a SPECOPS crate which is probably official NT hardware?) but more like a black market crate you can order from elsewhere that somebody sneaks onto the supply shuttle for you.

The crate would have just a few items from the contraband crates in one, though it'd probably be expensive (40?) due to the nature of having those items in one place. Probably also part of that is... you probably are REALLY ordering something worth 40 for 'your guy' who takes it as payment and swaps it with the predcrate.

Fluff aside, I was thinking it could contain:
1x Parapen (/obj/item/weapon/pen/paralysis)
1x Cloaking Device (/obj/item/weapon/cloaking_device)
50/50 chance of an additional parapen, or a neurotox beaker (/obj/item/weapon/reagent_containers/glass/beaker/neurotoxin)

How's that sound?
arokha

Re: Predcrate

Postby Aces » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:22 pm

I like the idea and also want more ideas for stuff to put in. Not sure how I could have a 'chance' for an extra parapen but I'll try to figure it out.
Aces

Postby arokha » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:27 pm

Well I saw your WIP giftbox and it has some sort of chance thing, along with 'guaranteed' items. Something like that? Or did that not work?
arokha

Postby Vorrarkul » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:38 pm

Other items, a muzzle for instance?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vorrarkul

Postby arokha » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:46 pm

Ah, yeah! That could be cool. Probably not a straightjacket, that's a bit much. Don't want to make the crate craaaazy, but a muzzle is small and makes sense.
arokha

Postby Aces » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:09 pm

This is copied from unused code in the giftbox.dm file. I can adapt it easily. It's simple code.

Code: Select all
/obj/item/starterkit/predator
   name = "Predator Starter Kit"
   desc = "There's a picture of a pink mechatronic bunny-girl on the label. The caption reads \"Aryion Industries.\""
   icon = 'icons/obj/storage.dmi'
   icon_state = "deliverycrate4"
   item_state = "table_parts"
   w_class = 4
   flags = FPRINT

attack_self(mob/user as mob)
      var/spawn_chance = rand(1,3)
      switch(spawn_chance)
         if(1)
            new /obj/random/gun/guarenteed(usr.loc)
            usr << "You got a thing!"
         if(2)
            new /obj/item/weapon/bikehorn/rubberducky(usr.loc)
            new /obj/item/weapon/bikehorn(usr.loc) // Can I spawn more than one?
            usr << "You got two things!"
         if(3)
            usr << "The box contained nothing!"
            return // Do I need this return? I looked at abandonedcrates.dm which also spawns random loot.

How about we come up with separate styles of predator crates? Each will be pricey, about, say, 60-70 cargo points, so you gotta work for 'em. But what shall they contain?
Aces

Postby Aces » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:45 pm

My first ideas.

"Wolf Pack Kit"
Comes with Syndicate headset keys to distribute to other predators to work cooperatively with. Beyond that I don't know what else.

"Diamondback Bite Kit"
You get some autoinjectors full of neurotoxin. Can't decide how many is fair. Also thermals. You get thermals. I'm thinking of making them those thermal implant things which aren't as easily noticeable but can also be recognized as proper contraband to discourage being worn frequently. You'll notice them if you examine someone. Beyond that, no more ideas.

"Giantess Starter Kit"
You get two grow-shrooms and a skimpy outfit. 'Nuff said.

Stuff like this.
Aces

Postby joey4298 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:56 pm

I love this completely, all of my support.
mofu
joey4298

Postby RomanaTColgate » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:59 pm

arokha wrote:Ah, yeah! That could be cool. Probably not a straightjacket, that's a bit much. Don't want to make the crate craaaazy, but a muzzle is small and makes sense.

> Parapen
> Not crazy
Snerk.

> "Wolf Pack Kit"
Comes with Syndicate headset keys to distribute to other predators to work cooperatively with. Beyond that I don't know what else.

Jeez what.

> "Diamondback Bite Kit"
You get some autoinjectors full of neurotoxin. Can't decide how many is fair. Also thermals. You get thermals. I'm thinking of making them those thermal implant things which aren't as easily noticeable but can also be recognized as proper contraband to discourage being worn frequently. You'll notice them if you examine someone. Beyond that, no more ideas.

Because fuck R&D amiright?

> "Giantess Starter Kit"
You get two grow-shrooms and a skimpy outfit. 'Nuff said.

Not my fetish.

Overall, meh, not a fan of this idea, if you want to pred as cargo you don't need mechanically super powerful contraband crates to do it, just RP more, I feel this discourages proper RP by making it mechanically a non-issue.
RomanaTColgate

Postby Netjak » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:08 pm

I too find this a little much, though, that might be because I got tired of using mechanics in RP/ play on the citadel station for that. Besides, it would be kind of weird if you always could get the same contraband from cargo, maybe have the offers vary from shift to shift?
Netjak

Next

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, and Troubleshooting