Nerf toys.

Suggest new things or complain about things that suck/are broken. Work with people to better your idea(s), or help each other figure out how to fix something that isn't working as you thought it should. Getting feedback for your characters can also be done here.

Nerf toys.

Postby Tasald » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:58 am

Now before the rant of "fake gun will get you shot" still an rp server.

But my suggestion is to add nerf guns and other toy weapons for people to mess around with while on station. Yes we have the lazer tag equipment and the holo deck, but not every one likes getting their throat slit in a sword fight, I was thinking something a little more"tame" would be more enjoyable. On the other side, if we have the nerf guns, we could use them in gun safety and mock scenarios for the station, other then the clowns that deside it's a good idea to scare the shit out of some one with a fake gun. And on that note, I think they'd be recolored guns already in the game, just vibrant and orange tipped, so if some one does recolor one, and then complains as sec batons them screaming "it's just a prank bro!" Then it'll be on them for being a genius like that. On the other side, and again it's an rp server, the sec officers should not be just shooting any one they see with a gun shaped object, so this could also be a way to desensitize a lot of the hardcore ss13 players with seeing people messing around in an rp way, toy guns and other devises.

Also woundering about toy swords, and toy grenades that would go like "click, click, click, Bang" or something in chat when they are activated?
Tasald

Re: Nerf toys.

Postby Gramzon_the_Dragon » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:10 am

There are already toy swords and I believe a foam dart crossbows as arcade machine prizes. So the mechanics for dart guns and fake swords that bap people are already in place to an extent. I think it wouldn't hurt to have nerf guns expanded upon.
Gramzon_the_Dragon

Postby Dhaeleena » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:53 am

Well maybe cargo could order a new crate, one crate filled with silly toys, nerf guns, foam darts and crossbows and all that sort of stuff.
Dhaeleena

Postby Gramzon_the_Dragon » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:36 pm

Dhaeleena wrote:Well maybe cargo could order a new crate, one crate filled with silly toys, nerf guns, foam darts and crossbows and all that sort of stuff.

I like that idea. Helps explain better why they would be on the station rather than just spawning. Let's face it, my boss doesn't keep nerf guns in the office. (even if there are fake swords that we found in a vehicles and didn't want to throw out...)
Gramzon_the_Dragon

Postby SilverTalismen » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:03 pm

Another server I played had nerf stuff, nerf swords shields axes and the such, maybe we could code the armor to function like laser tag but give fake brute damage that after so much you go down?
SilverTalismen

Postby orbisa » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:17 pm

SilverTalismen wrote:Another server I played had nerf stuff, nerf swords shields axes and the such, maybe we could code the armor to function like laser tag but give fake brute damage that after so much you go down?

Holodamage, the stuff that's tasers are made off
RetiredEnslaved Coder
orbisa

Postby Tasald » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:21 pm

I'm not sure about makeing foam darts and axes do damage. The point of them was to help encourage rp fighting where one would have to act out falling over, vrs the game saying "oh you're hurt, fall over". .... That and because nerf stuff is fun >.> cough
Tasald

Postby rikaru19 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:17 am

...and then the station started doing LARPing with these toys, ohgod.

I could see RP situations with these with someone dressing up in like a Xeno costume or something and just play-acting out a xeno attack while others try to shoot the 'xeno' with nerf guns.
rikaru19

Postby Tasald » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:57 pm

Perfect, mission accomplished for rp
Tasald

Postby Tasald » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:51 am

bump?
Tasald

Next

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, and Troubleshooting